Youth Hostel Le Mont-Dore - Chalet le Grand Volcan
Close to the Puy de Sancy in the Massif Central, the youth hostel Le Mont-Dore welcomes nature lovers.
Opening of the youth hostel:
December 17 – November 13
Youth hostel available 24 hours a day
Reception hours: 8am-12pm / 6pm-8pm
In high season: 8am-2pm / 5pm-9pm
It’s in the middle of the Auvergne volcanoes and near the highest peak of the Massif Central; the Puy de Sancy, that the youth hostel Le Mont-Dore welcomes nature and mountain lovers in a chalet protected from noise and pollution. Gathering the ideal conditions for a successful stay, all the mountain activities are within reach in winter as well as in summer: skiing, hiking, nature sports, gastronomic discoveries… An unforgettable experience to live with family or friends in the heart of the Chalet Le Grand Volcan.
services of the youth hostel of Le Mont-Dore - Chalet le Grand Volcan
Rooms with 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7 beds
Wifi / Bar / Independent kitchen / Laundry / Library / Relaxation area / Game room / Playground / TV room / Garden / Barbecue / Bike garage
Grocery store / Market: 4 km
Shopping center: 4 km
Restaurants / Bars: 4 km
services of the youth hostel for groups
1 meeting room: 45 seats
Parking for coaches
- Take advantage of the cosy atmosphere of the chalet to spend absolute relaxing moments with family or friends.
- Listen to the murmur of the nearby stream and feel a total change of scenery.
- Taste the chef’s Auvergne cuisine and enjoy the various local cheese specialties.
- Discover the fauna and flora of the natural park by rubbing shoulders with wild plants and animals.
the activities of the youth hostel of Le Mont-Dore - Chalet le Grand Volcan
At the youth hostel Le Mont Dore, let yourself be awakened in the morning by the murmurings of the small stream nearby and spend the rest of the day with a multitude of excursions and activities: visits to the architectural heritage, observation of the magnificent panorama offered by the Dordogne valley, snow sports, hiking, not forgetting the discovery of the Vulcania theme park, a must!
- Climbing / Via Ferrata
- Adventure course in the trees
- Ski / Snowboard
- Mountain bike / VTC
- Free flight (paragliding, ULM…)
- Gastronomy and wine
- Monuments / Castles / Museums
- Amusement park / Entertainment
- Natural heritage
- Wooded / Forested area: 50 m
- Ski slopes: 50 m
- Recreational facilities: 100 m
- Historical sites: 500 m
- River / Port / Lake: 4 km
- Places of nightlife: 4 km
- Cultural center: 4 km
- Main monuments: 4 km
Map & access
Shuttle > Les Chomets stop (50 m)
(Free in winter only – Paid in July/August)
Mont-Dore (4 km)
Access by road
N89, at Laqueuille D922 / at Saint-Sauves D996 until Mont Dore then D983 > Direction Sancy (3 km)
Clermont-Ferrand (45 km)